Eye on Environmental Education
The Eye on Environmental Education (EE) aims to consolidate and build on existing environmental education initiatives so as to collectively and effectively contribute towards sustainable development through all the educational arenas (formal, non-formal, informal and capacity building).
As one of the Eye on Earth Foundational Initiatives, The EoEE SI aims at enhancing Environmental Education and Awareness in the formal, non-formal and informal education as well as capacity building sectors for responsible decision and policy making and transformative action for environment and sustainability in six target regions: Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North
America and West Asia.
- Enhanced sharing and networking in Environmental Education (EE) by people, governments and institutions, and building capacity in the process.
- Improved knowledge base on EE, by developing new and innovative content, approaches and practices relevant to decision making, policy development; as well as transformative learning and action(s) for sustainable development.
- Increased visibility and influence of EE for sustainable development in higher education, for policy formulation and implementation; societal decision making processes; and national planning mechanisms.
- Increased visibility and influence of EE for sustainable development in basic education, non-formal and informal education.
The partners on the initiative include: the main institutions leading global collation and sharing of information on Environmental Education; Institutions involved in networking of professionals in EE and; Institutions involved in inspiring, designing, implementing and disseminating innovations in EE practice for sustainable development.
Stakeholders at the global and regional level include:
• Abu Dhabi Global Environmental Data Initiative (AGEDI)
• Africa Conservation Centre
• Africa Wildlife Foundation
• Association of American Geographers (AAG)
• Central European University (CEU)
• Communicacion y Educacion Ambiental SC
• Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD)
• European Association of Geographers
• Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC)
• European Environment Agency (EEA)
• Institute for Global Environmental Strategies
• National Environment Agency – Gambia
• National Geographic
• United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
These institutions and individuals are all engaged on a regular basis through stakeholder calls as well as face to face meetings to discuss and move forward on common shared projects and issues within the initiative.
Click on the resources to find out more.